Registering for your Big Day? So. Much. Fun. It’s the big chance to fill your home with all the fabulous things you guys need to start your lives together. But let’s be honest… it’s also a little stressful. And while everyone you know is giving you some well-meaning advice on what you need, we thought we’d turn to our friends at Wedding Forward to give us their best ideas to help you build the dreamiest wish-list imaginable with all the essential for a sophisticated newlywed pad.
*This post contains affiliate links.
I will be sharing with you 5 of my favorite ideas, but you must go to Wedding Forward to read the rest of their 20 Best Wedding Registry Ideas.
- A Cookbook. Although the internet has lots of recipes, a good quality printed cookbook with colorful photos is still a must-have for any household. You might also like to add to the list a special notebook for family recipes that are passed on from generation to generation.
- Bar Essentials. It doesn’t need to be a big family holiday for you to need to serve the drinks. Imagine inviting friends to come over for a drink or two! Wouldn’t it be great to impress them with your home bar?
- Don’t Feel Guilty. It may feel strange or selfish to create this large list of things that you want, but it’s important to remember that the wedding registry isn’t meant to be a list of demands – you’re making a wish list to make shopping for gifts easier for your family and friends.
- Include Electronics. It may feel like wedding registries are just for kitchen items and bedroom decorations, but it is a good idea to include practical and less glamorous things such a surround sound system to enjoy your binge-watching weekends or a camera to capture every moment of your future life together.
- Don’t forget about your Honeymoon. A wedding registry could include all the things the happy couple would need. Especially if such things you can use to celebrate the beginning of the life together. It might be gift cards for the honeymoon, flight tickets, hotel bookings or simply donations for honeymoon activities.
Whether you are looking to decorate your new house with a modern style, a French country feel, or like me, are a fan of transitional glam, there are so many options to register for your wedding gifts. some of my favorite choices include Macy’s, Wayfair and Crate and Barrel.
And here is a super comprehensive Wedding Registry Checklist courtesy of Wedding Forward.
Find more Wedding Registry Ideas over at Wedding Forward!
*This post contains affiliate links. When you purchase items via our affiliate links, there is no additional cost to you, but Belle The Magazine receives a small percentage of the sale as a thank you for making the introduction. You get a great product *and* you help support our website + the free wedding resources!