These images of the stunning Monaco Royal Wedding this past weekend have me daydreaming of my favorite vacations ever. Ten summers ago I visited this beautiful country, small in size but big in style. What a better way to prove Monaco's sense of style than royal nuptials... don’t you think? Take a look at 9 details I find irresistible about Princess Charlene and Prince Albert's lavish wedding ceremony and night party.
1. The Cake: Is this the biggest cake ever? I don't know. I just know I love it. (photo source)
2. The Hair: I adore Princess Charlene's hair and make-up. so classy! But, I'm obsess with her breath-taking headpiece. Aren't you? (pic 1, pic 2)
3. The Ceremony Layout: The stairs in the background, the semicircle sitting, the balcony, the Monaco Palace... everything was just magnificent. (spotted here)
4. The Flowergirls: The little girls looked so cute in their oh-so-pretty traditional customs. (photo credit)
5. The Happiness: What really put a smile on my face was to see how happy they looked. Yes, I think she really enjoyed the moment! (sources: image 1, image 2)
Check out what The Knot had to say about the royal reception: "The grande wedding reception was held after the procession, followed by a gala ball at the Opera Garnier and the Terraces of the Monte-Carlo Casino. It was catered by renowned chef Alain Ducasse.
The interior was set up with long tables lined with white, purple and green centrepieces. The setting was elegant and open, with plenty of room for guests to mingle inside and outside." - The Knot
7. The reception dress: Charlene wore a beautiful Armani Prive cocktail dress for the official reception and ball. Love it! (Images source)
8. The dance-floor: I'm beyond-obsessed with the reflective dance-floor for the wedding ball at the Opera Garnier where Albert and Charlene had their first dance. Check it out! (photo)
9. The fireworks: And what a better way to close the night than with a glamorous display of fireworks. (first, second)