Besides the fact that I'm completely obsess with these taste treats, French Macarons are quite possibly the hottest, hippest, most adorable pastry on the dessert scene right now.
The macaron is the Parisian “sandwich-like” cookie made of egg whites, sugar, and finely ground almonds. These are not to be confused with the “other” macaroon of the coconut persuasion! Parisian macarons are delicate, light, and come in a variety of flavors (and, therefore, colors) – making them perfect as custom wedding treats or favors.
Here are some ideas for your wedding:
- Serve them at the table at the end of the meal on a platter with other small pastries and freshly brewed coffee;
- Display them on a beautiful dessert table; (click here to check our post about Rules for a Statement-Making Dessert Tables)
- Package a few together for a sweet parting favor for guests;
- Set a single macaroon on a tiny plate and set the plate on top of a folded napkin; or
- Set on a charger or dinner plate to add color and whimsy to your tablescape. (click here to see an example of a whimsy tablescape with macarons)
As far as I know, in El Paso,TX – Las Cruces, NM you can only find French Macarons at Elite Events and Imagine Events. If you know of any other pastry place that carries French Macarons in the area please let me know.